Creative Campaigning Is The New Form
By: Ramya Ramachandran, Founder & CEO
Ramya has a proven track record of success in the marketing and advertising industries, with a focus on influencer and content marketing.
1. Kindly brief us about the company, its specialization and the services that your company offers.
Whoppl is a new age digital first influencer content marketing agency, where we come up with creative campaigns for brands across digital platforms. We've three main verticals-
1. Creating content at scale- Our creator led in-house content hub where we work hand in hand with influencers to create relatable content, giving them an opportunity to work with some of the most loved brands in India that appeal to a vast majority of the target audience around the world, waiting for the influence to kick in!
2. Influencer marketing campaigns/strategy- Here we pick and choose influencers best suited to the brand tone and creative brief and build on a campaign that is customized, insightful and filled with key notes from our influencer network!
3. Live commerce- In a `like minds coming together' we have partnered with Swirl a live commerce platform making the consumer's shopping experience one of a kind, immersed with quirky content right from browse to purchase.
2. With what mission and objectives, the company was set up? In short, tell us about your journey since the inception of the company?
The boom of digital media grappled all of us and we were quick to realize the gap of creative influencer led marketing agencies in the market. While there have been influencer agencies and talent management agencies but a content driven influencer marketing agency which works as an intermediary between the brand and the influencers, understanding the brief as well as the influencers' persona, we primarily focus on shaping the brands narrative to audiences in a way they can relate & resonate.
As for the journey, we started off by catering to just one category initially with a handful of influencers and today not only have we worked with brands across categories but have also diversified into creating content at scale and live commerce and shoppable videos. Making 800+ hours of content, 100+ campaigns & 5000+ influencers from the ecosystem.
"Whoppl is a new age digital first influencer content marketing agency, where we come up with creative campaigns for brands across digital platforms"
3. Is the pandemic changing audience content consumption patterns, and how has it impacted influencer marketing?
The pandemic has definitely changed consumption patterns; there has been a significant increase in screen time. As per research, India currently has over 448Mn active social media users who on an average spend 2 hours & 25 minutes every day, a majority of them being Gen Z- Influencer marketing has surely become all the more relatable and topical today as it comments on real life experiences with brand integration becoming more seamless and personal which works better to plug in brand mandates as well as gives the brand a chance to build a personal connection with their audience.
4. Kindly mention some of the major challenges the company has faced till now.
In terms of challenges I believe we have the first mover's advantage and have been able to carve out a niche for ourselves with content being at the core of what we do. But, with the recent creator economy boom, there is a lot of competition in the digital space and having an edge over the competition and staying true to our niche by creating clutter breaking content is what keeps us going.
5. How do you plan to revolutionize the Indian influencer marketing sector and what are your plans to tap the market?
We have diversified with time, not only adding brands to our portfolio but also offering more services. Right from creating content at scale to live commerce, we are now slowly diversifying and tapping right into the creator economy wherein we give creators a chance to monetize by brand collaborations through their own labels and creations which further opens up more opportunities. Constant diversification, exploration and expansion are most definitely a part of the plan.
6. What is your Leadership Mantra?
Pretty short and simple, `Hustle in silence & let the work make noise'.
7. What are your future plans and what are your top priorities for 2023?
The influencer marketing landscape is growing and constantly diversifying with the creator economy boom. So while we are still focused on our niche of creating content driven influencer marketing campaigns, we are also diving into live commerce, an attempt to provide end to end solutions. Further we are also looking at creating more influencer led performance campaigns, heading towards a more data driven approach.